Senior 3D Animator
- Álava (Spain)
- Tequila Works
- 10 November
- Animation Artists
Tequila Works in partnership with a MAJOR PUBLISHER is looking for exceptional art talent to contribute to a new experience in the new IP universe. Teamwork, innovation, attention-to-detail and unbridled passion are characteristics we look for in all of our artists. If you feel you have what it takes, throw your hat in the ring.
The Senior Animator is vital in establishing, creating and maintaining animations that will bring our world alive and help us build an immersive, exciting new IP experience. He/she should bring a strong understanding of classic animation principles and its fundamentals (staging, timing, anticipation, follow through, exaggeration, squash and stretch) as well as the ability to create the full range of lifelike performances from the subtle to the dramatic and powerful.
The ideal candidate is both an outstanding animator and an outstanding production resource - a seasoned veteran who possesses strong leadership skills, a good production-sense and the talent to produce and implement the highest quality work. Excellent communication, time-management and organizational skills are a must.
- Work closely with the Art Director to execute the defined animation style for the project.
- Work closely with the Project Lead to ensure that the defined animation goals are manageable within the context of the overall project schedule and budget.
- Resolve time line and artistic discrepancies promptly and professionally with the Project Lead. Maintain and communicate a strong knowledge of innovative production technologies and the capabilities/limitations of these technologies as they relate to the project goals.
- Assist the Project Lead to build a team of animators for the project. This may include participation in interview/testing sessions for potential animators.
- Working closely with the design and programming departments, the animator will provide animations under their specifications. Should look forward and anticipate possible issues as well as try to find the best way to solve them.
Qualification / Skills
- 2+ years of games character animation experience.
- Art-related degree and/or comparable professional experience in animation.
- Strong understanding of next-gen animation development processes, limitations and dependencies including motion-capture, key-framed, dynamic and physics-based movement
- Must demonstrate an exceptional visual/technical understanding of animation mechanics with an emphasis on weight, timing and fluid, overlapping motion
- Ability to animate characters, creatures and objects at an extremely high level of quality and utilizing various styles
- Must be experienced in Autodesk Maya.
- Ability to work collaboratively - must be open to direction and able to embrace change
- Proven storytelling skills + the ability to use acting skills, which bring characters to life, as well as clearly communicate simple ideas with which an audience can empathize.
- Strong understanding of traditional animation principles
* Must have a demo reel that demonstrates application of the principles of animation to tell a story with meaning through movement; the reel should also demonstrate a strong understanding of the principles of animation and a wide breadth of stylistic versatility.